In light of the state of the world, the monthly Tarot Circle is now held as a virtual group event.
Read below for more info on Tarot Circle and instructions on how to attend.
Thank you for your interest!
Tarot Circle is a monthly workshop series for folks at all levels of learning who want to explore and experiment with Tarot in a group setting. From group discussion and exploration of fundamental concepts to creativity exercises aimed at developing divergent thinking and a personalized relationship with the symbolism of Tarot. And there will hopefully be a lot of laughter. We will discuss the symbolism of the featured card, considering astrology, current world events, mythology, and other archetypal groups.
All folks who are subscribed to my Patreon attend for free! Subscriptions start at $1, and you can end your Patronage as soon as class is over (altho, with all the cool stuff you get, you prob won’t want to!) Folks at the Venus level – $9 – and up will get a link to the recording.
Start a tarot mentorship with me! All my Tarot students attend Wheel of the Year and Tarot Circle for free.
Tarot Circle will have something for folks at all levels. From group discussion and exploration of fundamental concepts to creativity exercises aimed at developing divergent thinking and a personalized relationship with the symbolism of Tarot. And there will hopefully be a lot of laughter.
There will be some structure to every workshop and to the year as a whole, however there will always be an organic element born spontaneously from the collaborative energy of the group.
Various topics we might cover in these Tarot workshops:
- A 10-20 minute lecture about at least one card, sometimes multiple cards will be discussed.
- A guided meditation.
- Creativity exercises to foster a deeper relationship with Tarot symbolism.
- How Tarot connects to the seasons and the Pagan Wheel of the Year.
- How Tarot connects to the astrology of each month.
- Discussion on techniques, traditions, and ethics of reading Tarot.
- Visualizations, stones, essential oils, and other modalities to help you develop your skills.
An overview of the themes for 2020 might look like this:
- January – The Fool: How To Carefully Walk Off A Cliff
- February – The Moon: Our Ancestors Sure Talk Loud Sometimes
- March – The Emperor: “Our” Righteous Vision (Let’s Do It Together! Alone! My Way!)
- April – The Empress: Loving Mother Earth
- May – The Lovers: Sensual Healing for Aliens and the People Who Love Them
- June – The High Priestess: 40 Sure Fire Tips For Pulling Back the Veil
- July – Strength: I’m Taking Calls (No Small Talk)
- August – The Hermit: Don’t Follow The Guru – You ARE The Guru
- September – Justice: Tipping the Balance to Please Everyone, Promise
- October – Death: Not Just For Goths
- November – Temperance: Into The Fire (of Enlightenment)
- December – The World: Even After Enlightenment, Taxes.
(This list is subject to change and alteration, don’t sue me.)
Folks are encouraged to have their own Tarot deck, other tools you might want to have on hand are a journal or something to write in and art supplies.
Light a candle, light some incense, and get comfy.
The 2020 Tarot Circle is being offered in conjunction with the Wheel of the Year classes.
You are not required to attend one class to understand the other. However, the two series will complement each other in exponential ways, allowing for expansion of the subject matter not possible in one class. After teaching The Wheel for 5 years, and cramming as much seasonal Tarot info as possible into each class, I finally realized I needed to create a dedicated Tarot workshop series to give room for all the work that can be done with this divinatory tool. Head here for more information about The Wheel.