Tarot Circle is a drop-in workshop series for folks who want to explore and experiment with Tarot in a group setting.
Held monthly at the lovely Madrona House Apothecary in Seattle, WA, these Tarot Circle will have something for folks at all levels. From group discussion and exploration of fundamental concepts to creativity exercises aimed at developing divergent thinking and a personalized relationship with the symbolism of Tarot. And there will hopefully be a lot of laughter.
There will be some structure to every workshop and to the year as a whole, however there will always be an organic element born spontaneously from the collaborative energy of the group.
Various topics we might cover in these Tarot workshops:
- A 10-20 minute lecture about at least one card, sometimes multiple cards will be discussed.
- A guided meditation.
- Creativity exercises to foster a deeper relationship with Tarot symbolism.
- How Tarot connects to the seasons and the Pagan Wheel of the Year.
- How Tarot connects to the astrology of each month.
- Discussion on techniques, traditions, and ethics of reading Tarot.
- Visualizations, stones, essential oils, and other modalities to help you develop your skills.
An overview of the themes for 2020 might look like this:
- January – The Fool: How To Carefully Walk Off A Cliff
- February – The Moon: Our Ancestors Sure Talk Loud Sometimes
- March – The Emperor: “Our” Righteous Vision (I’ll Do It My Way)
- April – The Empress: Loving Mother Earth
- May – The Lovers: Sensual Healing for Aliens and the People Who Love Them
- June – The High Priestess: 40 Sure Fire Tips For Pulling Back the Veil
- July – Strength: I’m Taking Calls (No Small Talk)
- August – The Magician: Jester, Trickster, Psychopomp
- September – Justice: Tipping the Balance to Please Everyone, Promise
- October – Death: Not Just For Goths
- November – Temperance: Into The Fire (of Enlightenment)
- December – The World: Even After Enlightenment, Taxes.
(This list is subject to change and alteration, don’t sue me.)
Classes are limited to 12 students
Folks are encouraged to bring their own Tarot deck, a journal or something to write on, a hard surface to work on (like a book) and art supplies like crayons, colored pencils, or pastels (no watercolors plx).
There will be a mixture of seating arraignments, feel free to bring a pillow or zafu to get comfy.
The Apothecary by its nature has some scents, and at some classes I’ll bring a scent blend for us to work with. Please keep your personal scent profile to a minimum.
The 2020 Tarot Circle is being offered in conjunction with the Wheel of the Year classes.
You are not required to attend one class to understand the other. However, the two series will complement each other in exponential ways, allowing for expansion of the subject matter not possible in one class. After teaching The Wheel for 5 years, and cramming as much seasonal Tarot info as possible into each class, I finally realized I needed to create a dedicated Tarot workshop series to give room for all the work that can be done with this divinatory tool. Head here for more information about The Wheel.